Migros Online formerly known as LeShop.ch is the most exciting initiative in Swiss e-commerce and we will re-define the marketplace. Our vision is to offer a frictionless online and offline shopping experience and to grow the Migros Online brand further. As an independent unit within the Migros Group, we combine the best of both worlds: the feeling of a fast-moving tech company with the backing of the largest retailer in Switzerland.
Our Motto is "Love it, change it or leave it". Do you have a positive mindset and like to get things done? Are you a team player that likes knowledge sharing and would like to grow as a person? Are you courageous and take responsibility? Then we would love to hear from you. We are currently in the process of creating new teams and offer a flexible work start (immediate start possible) for the following position:
Senior Search Engineer (w/m/d)
Starting date :ASAP
About your new role:
- Analyze, design, develop and test new functionalities in our product search.
- Be the expert of our search algorithms and make data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate with experts from different disciplines in your team to create features our customers love.
- Apply good development practices such as writing tests and code reviews.
- Have a direct impact on our team processes and best practices by regular agile retrospectives.
- Be involved in product development and have end to end responsibility for the entire software life cycle.
Skills & Requirements:
- Completed Bachelor / Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in analysis and development on ElasticSearch, Solr or Lucene.
- Experience in optimising search results for the best user experience.
- Can-do mentality for solving interesting and complex problems.
- Up to date with software design and architecture patterns.
- You speak English, German and French are a plus.
What we offer:
- Enjoy a culture based on transparency, empowerment, and collaboration.
- An environment of constructive feedback in which we learn and grow together.
- We value knowledge sharing and innovation and have fixed days for every employee.
- Flat hierarchies, participative decision processes, agile & data based prioritization.
- Work-life balance is important to us, that is why we offer flexible working hours and a place to have fun and laugh together.
Does this challenge appeal to you? Then we look forward to receiving your complete application. In order to be able to process your application efficiently, we kindly ask you to apply online only, using the following link.